I am a Bay Area native that has raised a family of 6 children. I have worked in the field for over 20 years, gaining professional experience in areas of substance abuse treatment, school social work, foster care, trauma, anxiety, depression, adolescent and adult services. I have also done work with a diverse population, building coping strategies to deal with issues of oppression, race, culture and community.
The following are some areas of professional experience:
- 16 years substance abuse, treatment related services (7 in adult treatment and 10 in adolescent services within a school setting).
- 7 years of program supervision in alcohol and other drug, mental health services.
- 2 years program management and supervision of services in a Contra Costa County program supporting behavioral interventions for Katie A subclass, foster youth.
- Trained in restorative justice practices and facilitated numerous circles over the last 10 plus years.
- Certified in as a trainer of Cultural Humility by Dr. Melanie Tervalon
- Conducted trainings on Substance Abuse, Cultural Assessment, Cultural Humility in clinical services, etc.